Last Updated on April 8, 2023 by Angela Vaz
Whether you’ve just emerged from a nasty break up, or are going through a really tough time at work and need to heal, I have just the thing for you:
Self-love quotes about happiness and healing.
These self-love quotes will help pick yourself up and learn to love life again.
No matter how strong we believe we are, there are going to be bad days or events that completely knock us to the ground.
These events can have incredibly devastating effects on our emotions and feelings.
During this time, it is important to know that we are not our feelings or thoughts. These are temporary and will soon come to pass. And yes, we will see better days.
These self love quotes are all written by people who’ve been through similar situations as yourselves. And they’ve all lived to tell the tale.
So, without further ado, here are some self love quotes to make you happier and stronger.
I’m going to divide these in sections so that they’re easy to read through.
But before that really quick, get my free guide on how to really reset your life.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may make a commission at no extra cost to you if you decide to click on a link and purchase something. Click here to read the full disclaimer.
Self love quotes to forgive yourself for the past and move on:
In order to start loving yourself, you need to let go of the past and start working in a new direction.
These self love quotes are all about letting go of the past and forgiving yourself so that you can make much better use of the present.
- “I love myself. I accept myself. I forgive myself.”
- “You owe yourself the love you give so easily to others.” – Dina Marie Blas
- “Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others.” -Wilfred Peterson
- In the process of letting go, you will lose may things from the past, but you will find yourself. – Deepak Chopra
- “Accept what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.” – Buddha
- “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” – Unknown
- “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.” – Sophia Bush
- “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” – Unknown
- “When you make a mistake, respond to yourself in a loving way rather than a self-shaming way.” – Ellie Holcomb
- “Remember, you have been criticising yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens” – Louise Hay
You may also like:
- How to let go of the past and move forward even when you feel like you can’t
- How to get over extreme emotional pain
- How to get over you ex when you assumed they were your soulmate
Self love quotes to help you heal yourself
Once you learn to let go of the past and surrender everything to your higher power, you have already started healing. These quotes will help you learn how to take care of yourself and heal faster so you can be a much better version of yourself.
- “Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Fall in love with the path of deep healing. Fall in love with becoming the best version of yourself but with patience, with compassion and respect to your own journey.” – S. Mcnutt
- “No one can abandon you except you.” – Unknown
- “When you accept yourself just as you are, you are freed from the burden of needing anyone to accept you.”- Unknown
- “Don’t feel guilty doing what is best for you.” – Unknown
- We can be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within. – Alexandra Elle
- “This life is mine alone. So I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been.” – Glennon Doyle
- “If you do not respect your own wishes, no one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.” – Vironika Tugaleva
- “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “You are not what you’ve done. You are what you keep doing.” – Jack Butcher
You may also like:
Self love quotes about happiness to help you fall in love with yourself
Now that you’ve let go of the past and started healing, it’s time to begin this beautiful journey of self-discovery and of course – falling in love with yourself!
Here are a few self-love quotes to help you do that.
- How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you. – Rupi Kaur
- You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody. – Maya Angelou
- Be enough for yourself first. The rest of the world can wait.
- “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” -Les Brown
- “If you’re searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.”
- “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
- “We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?” – Meghan Markle
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” – Tina Fey
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” – Wayne W. Dyer
- “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.” – Beau Taplin
There are a few books that have helped with this journey of self-love and I highly recommend reading all of these:
- Healing is the New High – by Vex King
- Return to Love – Marianne Williamson
- You can Heal your Heart – Louise Hay
- You can Heal your Life – Louise Hay
You may also like:
- How to learn to fall in love with yourself
- How I combatted loneliness and learned to be happy on my own
This journey of self-love is not something that can be mastered in a day. It’s going to take a while.
If you have gone through some sort of trauma or emotional pain, please know that there is a lesson to take away from that. And it could be the very thing you needed to begin your journey of self-discovery and self-love.
There is always a silver lining behind every dark cloud.
So, take your time to fall in love with the person you really are. It is only then that you will be able to love others.
Here are a few more posts to help you:
- 13 signs of unrequited love and how to let go
- How to stop letting things bother you
- 35 honest ways to get your life together
- How to trust the process and just let go
- How to live alone and not be lonely
- How to let go of the past
- 15 ways to get a fresh start this year
- How to create a plan and stick to it
- 7 best books to read after a breakup
- 7 self love books every woman should read
- 43 self-love journal prompts to help you love yourself